For sure you already have heard what acrylic is. What is it anyway? To answer this question, Acrylic is technically a kind of plastic which is produced by one or more by-products of acrylic acid. This combined acrylic derivatives forms a state of the art plastic which is highly characterised by good strength, lucidity and plasticity. It is easy to form with just little heat. In addition to this, it is very durable compared to other kinds of plastics.
Before, manufactured acrylic products are purposely made for outdoor purposes only because it is very weather resistant and long lasting. However, due to the advent of technology, the acrylic has gone a long way. Presently, it is widely used in so many industrial manufacturing processes and specifications. One of the acrylic breakthroughs is the acrylic mirror. This plastic has shown that it possess glass qualities which include transparency, translucence and resistance and could make a good type of glass. Once this plastic undergo several processes it could be coloured or made opaque to form mirrors. This acrylic mirror is cut to size, scratch resistant,and has suitable solar reflectivity.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ACRYLIC MIRRORS?
- The mirrors made from acrylic is very durable. Remember that these mirrors are processed plastics. Meaning to say, they have good strength and has high capacity to resist breakage compared to ordinary glass sheets. Acrylic mirrors make exceptional safety mirrors. For this reason, this mirrored acrylic has become an alternative to traditional glasses at home, school and anywhere.
- It is compact and lightweight. Obviously, all plastics are light. Thus, this kind of mirror are weighing half the mass of the regular glass. Because it is light, it is easy to install with screws or just any adhesive substances in any flat surfaces like walls. In addition to this, its weight could cut-down the cost of deliveries when you purchase them.
- They last longer than the ordinary glass. It could stand weather changes. Even if it rains or not, you can be sure that it is tough enough to stand the test of time. It does not easily break.
- As it has been mentioned above, acrylics have glass properties. It is very clear and translucent which is very appropriate in producing glasses. Comparatively speaking, this acrylic mirror is much more reflective and clear than the typical glass.
- Other than being efficient, this acrylic mirror is very cost-effective. Why? It is because they are produced by low-cost materials which are suitable for the pocket.
- This type of mirror only requires minimum terms of maintenance. Its surface is very easy to clean up. You do not really have to buy glass cleaners for this. A simple solution of house detergent and water will do the trick of polishing it.
- Acrylic mirrors are very flexible. This material could easily be moulded into shapes for decorative purposes. If you try to look for decorative mirrors in the market, you can see that there are curved and bent mirrors available.